Tucson Felony Defense Lawyers
Serving the Greater Tucson Area
Conviction for a felony in Arizona will likely lead to incarceration in state prison rather than in your local jail. The fines for felonies are also significantly higher than misdemeanors, and it can be difficult to expunge a felony from your record.
Fight back against your charges with the trusted Tucson criminal defense attorneys at Your Arizona Lawyer. A mishandled felony crimes charge can quickly deprive you of many rights. If you are not a citizen, you might also be facing deportation as a result of a conviction.
We provide free consultations to all clients. Call (520) 224-1750.
Serious Charges Require Aggressive Representation
Being convicted of a felony can affect your future job prospects as well as your ability to find housing. Convicted felons cannot vote or carry a gun. Your criminal record is visible to the public, meaning anyone will be able to see that you've been convicted of a felony in the past.
For this reason, our team at Your Arizona Lawyer moves quickly and effectively to protect your reputation and your future opportunities against these accusations. We pride ourselves in client education and make sure you thoroughly understand your charges and how to fight them.
Crimes that are classified as felonies include:
- Tax evasion
- Animal abuse
- Aggravated assault
- Sexual assault
- Certain drug crimes
- Grand theft
- Repeat DUI convictions
Is Fighting a Felony in Arizona?
In most cases, the charge of simple assault or simple battery are classified as misdemeanor offenses. If more serious bodily harm occurs, these cases of assault and battery may be charged as a felony.
Different Classes of Felonies
In Arizona Felonies are broken up into 6 different classes depending on their severity, which have correspondingly different sentences. The following sentences are typical, but can vary outside of guidelines in certain circumstances and are subject to change:
Class 1 Felony
- Includes first or second degree murder
- sentences range from 10-25 years in prison and can warrant the death penalty in the case of first degree murder
Class 2 Felony
- includes the production of child pornography and enticing a child
- roughly anywhere from 5 - 12.5 years in prison
Class 3 Felony
- Can include possession of a large amount of marijuana (2-4 pounds), certain types of aggravated assault, certain types of fraud and stalking
- 3.5-8 years in prison
Class 4 Felony
- includes repeat DUI convictions, possession of dangerous drugs (heroin and meth), theft of property valued $3000-4000, and cultivating marijuana
- 2.5-3.75 years in prison
Class 5 Felony
- includes credit card theft, pimping, pandering, aggravated assault on a police officer, and theft of property valued over $2,000,
- 2-2.5 years in prison
Class 6 Felony
- With the right help you may be able to get your class 6 felony dropped to a class 1 misdemeanor
- includes resisting arrest, theft of property valued over $1,000, and possession of illicit drug paraphernmalia.
- up to 2 years in prison
You Have Rights
A felony conviction can change your life. Act now to receive skilled legal representation. Our Tucson felony defense lawyers and staff at Your Arizona Lawyer provide free, confidential consultations for your case.
We work together with you to develop a plan that caters to your goals and move quickly to protect you. Let our team stand up for you while you move through your charges.
Schedule your free consultation at our offices by contacting our Tucson criminal defense lawyers at (520) 224-1750 today. We are here for you.
We Will Thoroughly Research and Prepare for Your Case
We've Successfully Handled Thousands of Criminal Cases
At Your Arizona Lawyer, Your Client Satisfaction Is 100% Guaranteed
If You Hire Us, You Will Work Directly with the Attorney You Hired
Our Experienced Team Is Available 24/7 to Discuss Your Legal Needs
We Offer Free Consultations to Our Clients to Ensure We Best Suit Your Needs